Wednesday, March 18, 2009

DVF dice la verdad

INSPIRATION FROM DIANE VON FURSTENBERG


"I wanted to be a woman with a man’s life in a woman’s body. It’s not like I grew up to be a fashion designer. What I wanted to be was a certain type of a woman. I wanted to have the advantage of a man and the advantage of a woman. Things don’t happen in spite of you. Or if they do, they don’t last. So I think you have to want to be a success. It’s a lot of work and it’s a lot of perseverance."

"It’s all about attitude. It always will be. Even though I was pregnant, even though I came into a new town, even  though I knew nothing, I started to work. I was determined. I went to see Diana Vreeland. It all happened really quickly. I had the right product at the right time, which is why I feel so strongly about protecting design and designers and why I am making it my mission to get the Design Piracy Prohibition Act passed."

"Work, like life, is all about instinct. Now that I have experience I do pretty much the same thing I would have done before, but I have less fear because I am more secure. My other most important asset is judgment; it’s key to everything, especially hiring someone."

"A man once told me, and his grandmother told him, “You can lose everything in life, you can lose your health, your wealth, you  can lose your partner, your child, you can lose your job. What you never lose is your character.” Life is all about the relationship you have with yourself. If I did one thing right in my life, it’s that very early on I became my best friend."

Thank you Diane

No comments: