Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dallis and Jennifer

So funny thing is... that Ariana and I both have our mothers' names as our middle names. I must say after having a birthday dinner with Ariana's family I can truly see the similarities between the two...very much the same as I find similarities between my mother and I. I just want to send a thank you to Jennifer for being there for Ariana as well as a thank you to my mother Dallis, for being there for me. You two are amazing examples for the ear that I wish to lend, the mouth I wish to use, and the hand I wish to hold out for my future daughter. (WAY WAY in the future) Oh, and yes, I look forward (with a wincing eye) to the stories you plan to share at our weddings (yikes!) haha. We are our mothers' daughters most definitely.

In a mother's eyes.
Sometimes be the only truth her daughter can find.
In a mother's mouth.
Often be the the only words of wisdom that a daughter's ears can hear.
In a mother's hand.
At times is the only help a daughter will choose to accept.
In a mother's laugh.
May be the only happiness a daughter uses to find her own.
In a mother's feet.
Perhaps provide the only map to reassure her daughter of the path ahead.
In a mother.
There is love for her daughter.
In a mother.
Sometimes be the only understanding of her daughter's ways.
In a daughter.
There is admiration for her mother.

No comments: