Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Don't close your heart...just keep your eyes open

I guess I just wanted some written form of reflection about love and its realizations, this being a mere one of them. Last night NaNa and I were having dinner with her mother and step-father and of course we touched on a variety of subjects (as usual), one of them being divorce. My parents are divorced and have been separated for roughly 6/7 years or so. I've seen the real downfalls of love, I mean the bitter end; where time stops, meanwhile you're caught in a hurricane of emotion and negativity..and you're screaming at the top of your lungs "WHEN WILL THIS EVER END?" I've seen how a divorce can affect health, mentality, spirit, finances, homes, love, and respect. I don't even feel validated by calling it a "divorce,"more like the tearing of hearts, a disassembling of souls, an utter desecration of unity. Divorce: such a bland word for such a colorful circumstance. But what I'm really trying to say is, that I still have my heart open when maybe logically I should have it sealed shut. However, love is not logical....and as Reese Witherspoon said "If divorce isn't painful, maybe it wasn't the right decision to begin with.." My relationships have been anything but picture perfect, if anything they have been overly informative of the hardships these commitments can bring. I am definitely not naive. More importantly though, I have made sure not to become hard to love or make loving hard. Love is beautiful, yes a times tragic, but none-the-less something glorious. Love is something that not one person in the world does not need, it's right up there next to air and water. I'm here today, still wanting that bond, and yes I'll put all my chips in...bet it all..think the risk is big? The reward= greater. The moral is to make sure you don't close your heart, just make sure to keep your eyes open. Love and learn, learn with love. Don't lose faith and don't let your pride ruin you. OWN YOU AND YOUR HEART. KNOW WHO TO GIVE IT TO. THEN GIVE. No matter how much you try to have everything set up for success, in life and love, failure is inevitable. You have to put away your fears of the storm if you want to sail the boat... it WILL, I repeat WILL, be okay.






No comments: