Tuesday, August 25, 2009

R.I.P. Aaliyah



Sorry to load y'all with so many videos, but today is the anniversary of Aaliyah's death. She passed on August 25th 2001 in a fatal plane crash. Not only was Aaliyah a talented singer and actress but she paved the way for many women. She wasn't the typical starlet. She spoke the words that many didn't have the courage to say, and wore the things women dare not to wear. Not only that, but as a dancer, I thoroughly think that Aaliyah is one of the few musicians where music flows through her veins. Her dancing is effortless yet extremely sexy. I have the upmost respect for this woman. So I would like to pay tribute to her by sharing with you, my favorite Aaliyah videos.







1 comment:

Kate Starr said...

Aaliyah on heavy rotation at the store today. Kate Starr is dancing to "Rock The Boat" as we speak...
"Change position, do position.." hahahaha! Damn I miss Aaliyah.