Sunday, August 23, 2009

Low Key

Well, Friday night I spent the night in and worked...Saturday I woke up early, went for a hike, and met up with my girl Rose. We had a lot of catching up to do since she's been in Hawaii for the last week and a half. We headed over to our favorite Panini spot on Haight st., checked out a few stores and then came home to decide on movie times. We originally only planned on seeing one, but once we were finished with the first, we decided to go to another.
First order of business: ICEE's and kettlecorn. No movie is complete without.

1st up...

The Post Grad was an adorable movie. Good for the younger crowd mostly. There were a couple quotes in the movie that I had to write down in my phone, and while doing so I had popcorn thrown at me, and Rose had her chair kicked (by two older men, which is definitely not the right audience for the movie). Anyways here were my favorite quotes..."Struggle and strife come before success, even in the dictionary." And, "One half is what you do, the other half is who you're with when you're doing it." I just really liked the movie and felt that it definitely was relatable because I'm going to be graduating soon and getting my life together, and at sometimes I think I am too busy for a social life, but the movie helped me realize why it's good to find a balance. Corny I know...

2nd up was The Time Traveler's Wife

Now I know that there have been mixed reviews, but I absolutely LOVED this movie. It made me laugh, it made me smile, and then...it made me cry. And those that know me know I hardly ever cry, and I was bawling. But hey, sometimes we all need to cry sometime-it's a great release of built up emotion. Needless today it was a feel good movie, and now that I've seen it it makes me feel good. Lol. But seriously...go see it.

Anyways thus far my weekend has been super low key for the first time in awhile and although it's not over, I'm really enjoying it. I suggest everyone take a weekend every once in awhile and just hide out or be low key...it does wonders for your mind, body, & soul.

No comments: