Monday, August 24, 2009

Great minds think alike?

About a month & a half a go, a friend and i went in to a fabric store...I came across a beautiful bag of multicolored feathers and totally got inspired to make a mini skirt with them. A very select few have actually seen this skirt because it is hanging in my bedroom, still yet to be completed & debuted. All i need to do is move my fit mannequin into my apartment (something i've been procrastinating to do for the last year, but it would definitely make my designing easier. After all its a little difficult to sew something on yourself lol). Anyhow...I am completely thrilled with how everything looks and has turned out thus far...

And THEN today, I was looking for some inspiration and I came across Peter Som's Fall 2008 runway show. I SWEAR I did NOT see this photo or that dress until today. And it completely blew my mind that I basically recreated a skirt already done by Peter Som, but in a shorter, much shorter version, and didn't even know it! If I had known, I totally would have done a DIY post.

Oh well, I guess I'm just going to have to say that great minds think alike!

No comments: