Saturday, November 8, 2008

Smile

I wish I could tell you that everything will be ok.
I wish I could tell you that the pain you feel today will be gone tomorrow & I want you to know that in time things will be better than today.
The devastation will soon disappear, and you’ll move on from it.
But you need to know that it all happened for a reason.
Sometimes people are in your life for days, weeks, months, and even years
And sometimes they leave, but you met them for a reason.
Your time spent together changed you in some way and molded you into the beautiful person you are today.
So don’t be upset that it ended, be happy because it happened.
Don’t rip up pictures because one day you will want the memories.
Getting over somebody is not easy, and it is not quick
It stings and will cut you deep, and you will think that you will never find another.
But you will find another, another greater than the last.
Through your pain you, and you alone will find a smile.
And that smile will be a new and unfamiliar smile, because you gained it through the strength you made yourself find.
And on days when you feel that you have no more strength in you, I will be your strength.
I will wipe the tears from your eyes, because I promise you the tears will come, and they will feel like razors running down your cheek.
You may not want to talk at times, but the beauty of us is that I know what you’re thinking and feeling without words
So I will sit with you in the silence.
It will feel like somebody in your life died, and it will feel like a part of you is missing
At night you will swear you feel his arms reach over and pull you close
But my dear, he is not there.
At times you will hear his voice calling your name, and your heart might skip a beat
So when this happens deal with the pain you feel, because this pain will be your strength for the future.
I know that this will be hard, but the wonderful thing is that you don’t have to do it alone.
I will be here to hold your hand, and walk through the fire with you. And I will squeeze your hand until I see you smile again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, you have such creative skills