Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gluttony

Your kisses ate my face and sucked my soul
Your touch grabbed and ripped and sliced my skin
You drank my tears as if they were the water meant to quench thirst
You took my voice like it were your last bite
You chewed my thoughts into shreds
You enwrapped me and embraced me and squeezed me til I disappeared...
You consumed me.
Like a starved being, whose stomach could never be filled
Your soul remained empty as you devoured mine,
You kept eating and eating
You were the sinner, your sin gluttony.
How could you take all of me so selfishly?
Had you not any decency?
To leave me with myself?
To not strip and savor and bite and swallow..
my heart?
my brains?
my faith?
my trust?
I feel as though I am lying on a plate of nothing...
waiting to be your feast.
And now that you have not come to eat...what you have always eaten...
I am stuck without the will to move, to flee, to be free..
from the hope that I might stay
in the grips of your love's teeth. 

No comments: