Saturday, June 27, 2009

Moment of Silence

Ryan Leslie's Michael Jackson Tribute from Ryan Leslie on Vimeo.


"The reverence I experienced in the room at that moment will stay with me for life.

The end of this clip shows me reverting back to my childhood for a moment during soundcheck. For a few seconds, I took off my cool and became the little boy that believed I could be just like him. I’m sure many of us can remember what came over us when we saw Michael perform. We wanted to dance like he did - to feel the exhilaration and pass on the electricity that we’d just experienced. I appreciate Michael’s contribution to my life. In many ways his music, videos, and live performances lit the spark in me to pursue the career path that I chose as a young teenager. His ability to bring people together in peace and celebration serves as a standard to which we as entertainers are all measured."

No comments: