Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First Kiss Goodbye

When I heard you get up this morning.. I made sure to keep my eyes shut... I rolled over ever so carefully.. So naturally.. And buried my face so gracefully... So rapidly... I could hear my breath slipping in and out... Felt you rise out of bed.. Heavy walking to the bathroom... In those two minutes I let out one sob.... And calmed myself quickly..abruptly. As you walked back in.. I could hear you grab your clothes.. Zip up your jeans..held my cries... How diligently I pretended to be asleep... But when you walked out the door I peeked. I'll just remember you by your kiss... How sincere it was.. And not by the face you must have made knowing it was the first kiss goodbye you had given me... Meanwhile it was the last kiss I ever wanted as mine. -K*Starr

No comments: