Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Story of Us

Don’t you see it was all a game?
I never wanted your money or any of your fame.
I wanted to test your loyalty and you fell into my trap
I knew from the minute you laid eyes on me that it was a rap.
I knew what to wear to get your attention
And whisper in your ear I became your hearts addiction.
I smiled and flirted made you think you had me
Then ripped the carpet under your feet and you watched me flee.
We were somehow left alone, just us two, and you ordered me a double
I looked you in the eyes and told you, you were trouble.
We drank, conversated, and danced the night away
You kissed me, I kissed you, but I told you to save it for another day.
Then I didn’t talk to you, see you, basically I forgot you
But you made it nearly impossible doing what you do.
You would pick me out of a crowd and ask me whats wrong
But I would just tell you nothing because I had to stay strong.
The fact was I still wanted him, and now I wanted you too
But I knew I couldn’t be with both, whats a girl to do?
I stayed with him because something inside me said you were bad
Yet you still came over, forced your kisses, and told me that you had to have.
After that night we didn’t talk for awhile
Until you messaged me one day and brought back a familiar smile.
A lot had changed since the last time we met
So I knew I had to see you and make one last bet.
When I spent that weekend with you I can’t remember the last time I felt
So happy, so comfortable, you made my heart melt.
Somehow you won me over and convinced me to try
To give up the game, then you promised you’d never make me cry.
The ball was then in your court, and I lost my power
You took it away and we had sex in the shower.
Everything was amazing and then it all changed
I was left with a broken heart, sadness, and defeat.
I can’t believe I got sucked in to my own sticky mess
It started as a game and became nothing less.
I wonder if you knew what you were doing this entire time
And wanted to play the game harder and screw with my mind.
There is a very good chance that you were one step ahead
But I can’t give you too much credit, I think you just wanted me in bed.
So now I stand here alone at the start
Retracing my steps and wondering how I got this broken heart.
There are no rules when you have met your match
Because game recognizes game do nothing, just watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i been missing out on your floetry lately. glad u posted some new new. is this for real tho?