Wednesday, July 22, 2009

To Whom it May Concern

I’m not quite sure if you know me. Frankly I don’t know if you’ll ever know me. In fact, I don’t even know if I know myself half the time. I am crazy, and I am quiet. I am outgoing, but I’m shy. I listen to rap and r&b, but I love jazz and music with soul. I like to dress in jaw dropping outfits, but I also dress conservative. I’m someone unlike you’ve ever met. I will never give you the same “me” as I did yesterday. If you ask me to define my life, well, I’m sorry I can’t. I am a woman of many layers, and depths deeper than the sea. With all the heartbreak I’ve experienced, I’m not afraid to say that I have a wall bigger than the Great Wall of China. It is hard to break--almost unbreakable. But for you, it could fall. I WANT to be perfect in your eyes, but that would be untrue to me. I’m not the girl that can wear white and not spill something on it. I’m not the girl that doesn’t stumble even though there are no cracks in the ground. I like to run off the trail, or in the streets, rather than a treadmill. I enjoy risk rather than what is safe. I honestly could probably drink more and party more than you, and swear more than you, but I’d do it with a smile on my face. Like I said, I’m not the girl you could have imagined…but I will tell you, I’m a girl worth getting to know—seeing as, I’m still getting to know myself.

No comments: