Sunday, December 7, 2008

you were, and now you are

You were the man who would call me when you got home from your late night
The one who called the moment you woke, and went to work.
Every time you would call, I would wake.
Now my body wakes up at those times like clockwork, just hoping to hear the phone ring.
You were the man that knew my schedule so well you never had to ask what I was doing because you already knew.
I would talk to you throughout my day and no matter how difficult the day was, hearing from you always made it easier.
You were the man that knew everything about me,
You knew what I was going to say, and I to you.
But it has been a while since I have heard your call.
You are now the man that knows nothing about me.
You have no idea how much I have needed you.
You were my rock that held me down in this world that seems to shake me upside down.
Oh what I would give to be grounded again.
What I would give to hear your voice, and feel your hands trickle down my back as if it were rain drops slowly falling down my spine.
The smell of smoke, the note of a song, the sound of your name makes my stomach turn.
You have no idea what you do to me.
Or rather what you did to me.
You took a big piece of me with you when you left…
And I don’t want it back because it is something I gave to you.
I just want back, what you gave to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like to check ur blog..not only to catch up on my daily fashion intake, but to read ur "floetry". ur shit is pure fire nana. im goin through some hard times, and shit like this gets me through it. keep it up

Anonymous said...

wow mama...ur brutal honesty is pure.

Anonymous said...

You have the power, no one else. You make your sunshine, your moon rise and everything else in between. Sometimes it does not seem like that is the truth, but it always is. Remember who you wear you sexy underwear for

Your MOM