Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A man of Struggle

He came from nothing
Made nothing into something
He came from the streets
A man who knows about struggle
His eyes have seen more than I’ll ever know
His heart has felt more pain than I’ll ever feel
He used to be nobody
But now he’s somebody
A man that looks less than average
But was at the top of his class
I like a man who’s got a story to tell
And if it ain’t him talkin, his tatts could do it for him
He’s the man on the streets
Always surrounded by a crowd
Always trying to please
But theres still something not found.
When the glitter has come down
And the lights are turned off
Whos there at the end of the day
To help you through your struggles?
There may be a bitch in you bed
But not a soul in your heart
Only women who want something
Flood your inbox.
You’re a smart man
That’s what got you to the top
But know there are females
Who can get you even higher.
Your struggles have been tough
But theyre meant to be shared,
There’s a woman out there
That will make it less rough.
That woman could be me
But as of now I’m going through a struggle
Not only with you but with myself
and where are you?
No where to be found.
I told you I liked a man who came from nothing
But there’s no way I can fall for the stranger you’ve become.
It must be lonely at the top,
No where to go from here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

deep.
i looove!
u need not say more,
it must be lonely on top.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone.