Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Broken House

(This poem was written for all those people out there who have finally gotten over that one that stuck with them a little too long)

Woke up today with a smile on my face
Not because of you, but for the next that will take your place.
Finally hit my breaking point and had enough of your shit
Ready to forget you, move on, and quit.
You bought the house, but couldn’t maintain it
Now the house is crumbling and falling to bits.
Your lies were clever and filled with detail,
But you forgot one thing, the cleverest lies have no detail.
There is no honesty, truth, or communication
And that’s why there is you, and me, but no relation.
The next time I see you I’m gonna wanna kiss you, hug you, and hold you
But I’m gonna keep my distance, gotta keep my cool.
Because everytime I talk to you your words sound good, they really really do.
But I got to do whats right for me, not what feels good to you.
I’m going to appreciate what we had every single day,
But things won’t get better in the future if they continue this way.
The house is broken, dirty, and demolished,
It’s done, finito, no chance to be polished.
I respect you, and hope the feeling is returned,
So let me be, before we crash and burn.
This is no longer your property, so please no trespassing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn girl...i can always count on you to keep it real. every gender can relate to this

Anonymous said...

So true, so relatable! Your words are inspiring.

Anonymous said...

the hottest love has the coldest end- Socrates