Monday, March 29, 2010

15 Love Rules for Single Women

1. “Guys are like subway trains. Don’t run after them; another one is on its way.”
2. “If he says he isn’t ready for a relationship, believe him.”
3. “Marry someone you want to sit next to for the rest of your life.”
4. “My grandfather had some gems: ‘Don’t be with a stupid man just to be with any man.’ ‘A real man always takes care of his family.’ ‘You don’t want to be walked over, and you don’t want a man you can walk over, either.’ And my favorite: ‘Don’t be a fool, Michelle. You can be anything you want, but don’t be a fool.’”
5. “Don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh.”
6. “The guys who were nerdy in high school make the best husbands.”
7. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.”
8. “You can tell a lot about a guy by how he treats your cab driver.”
9. “If he likes you, you’ll know. If he doesn’t, you’ll be ‘confused.’”
10. “Respect yourself. I said to my ex, ‘I’m not going to make you my everything if I’m only your something.’
11. “I used to be into bad boys but kept getting burned. Then I heard this: ‘Say no to the guys you usually say yes to, and yes to the ones you normally say no to.’ I did, and it totally worked. I have a great husband now.”
12. “Never marry a man who has no friends.”
13. “Never tattoo a guy’s name on your body!”
14. “Personal hygiene is part of the package.”
15. “It’s OK to show up at a guy’s house with a dozen roses and declare your undying affection. It’s OK to have too much to drink and call your ex 20 times and then to be mortally embarrassed when you realize your number must have shown up on his caller ID. It’s OK, because making a fool of yourself for love is ultimately about you, how much you have to give and the distances you will travel to keep your heart wide open when everything around you makes you feel like slamming it shut and soldering it closed.”

1 comment:

D. said...

best thing i've ever read. SO GOOD!