Sunday, November 14, 2010

Polk St Discovered

So in San Francisco I have discovered uncharted territory for myself... Polk St, (Sacramento st and North, don't go south) contains a bunch of hidden gems. Firstly, they have a magazine shop that is total heaven (but actually hell because you want to buy EVERYTHING and it costs an arm and a leg)...magazines that I've never even seen in real life were at this store. Then they have the coolest vintage candy store, called go figure, The Candy Store...spent a ridiculous amount of money on candy...and then I stumbled upon a sample sale store which was amazing. I found some stunning Nina Ricci, Stella McCartney, and one of my new favorite brands, Olive Olivia...it's a Los Angeles based brand and its totally cute...think RVCA meets Alexander Wang. There are so many hidden gems on Polk St, I can't even write about them all...from cheese to wine, to clothing to shoe stores, there is everything. I suggest if you live in San Francisco, spend a Sunday over there, if not because I can't remember the names of most of the stores, then go because it's amazing.

No comments: