Monday, April 13, 2009

The Last Gentleman

Open your eyes
You've been diagnosed.
You have 3 months to live
So you better make the most-
Of your time still awake
Before you slip into a coma.
Because there is no medication
There's nothing that can cure ya.
You're the only one left
What happened to the rest?
All this talk here
Is making me depressed.
Fast forward a few months
Now you're lying on your deathbed.
"You should say your 'goodbyes'"
The sad doctor said.
I lean in close and
Try to hold back the tears.
"I wish I could keep you
It least a few more years."
Then you look me in the eyes
and say with such sincerity,
That you want me to move on
But we both know I won't find any
Man that compares
to your eloquence and style
Your charm, you demure,
Or your beautiful smile.
You brush back my hair
And tell me to have hope,
Even though we both
Secretly know,
Chivalry is dead
Romance can hardly breath,
You'll be remembered as a gentleman,
The last of a dying breed.

-lady nana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

major props. u killed it with this one